Subject: Re: Adding NetBSD/i386 to a Windows NT 4 boot menu
To: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Stephane Engel <steph@onyx.stsn.dga.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/17/1998 18:34:50

>   In general, I recommend using OSBS instead, but if you want it there, try:
>
> 	dd if=/dev/rwd0a count=1 of=/dos/netbsd.sec
>
>    {assuming that /dos is your NT partition, otherwise, put it on a floppy
> and copy to your C: on NT}
>   Then boot to NT, open a cmd.exe:
> 	attrib -r -s c:\boot.ini
> 	edit boot.ini
> append:
> 	C:\netbsd.sec="NetBSD"
> 	attrib +s +r c:\boot.ini

bootpart work fine too (read the README and follow what they do for linux),
but it's home page have moved to
http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm

>    See also:
> 	http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gvollant/bootpart.htm.
> 	http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader
>
>    :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
>    Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
>  Personal: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.
>  Corporate: sales@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.
> 	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.

         |                     Stéphane Engel                         |
 ________X________   email : Stephane.Engel@onyx.stsn.dga.fr  ________X________
       0   0              `` Blue Sky And Tail Wheel ''             0   0