Subject: Re: SUP
To: Richard Horwood <rich@mondial.com.au>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/17/1998 09:49:45
Hi,

Richard Horwood wrote:

> I was supping the -current files yesterday, and the connection to the net
> died.  I wonder, if I re-do the sup will it start from the beginning
> or skip the files is already had?
>
> I'm hoping the latter, but the manpage isn't exactly clear on it.

My experience is that it will just 'update' rather than 'receive' the files
which it already received(which is quicker).There doesn't seem to be any way of
restarting from where it failed as you can for example with ftp, using 'reget'.

> also, is there a way to exclue the architechture specific files that I
> don't need (all except i386) from the retreival list?

You need to list the branches of the tree that you don't want in a 'refuse' file
in your 'sup' directory.

eg:

     src/sys/arch/alpha
     src/sys/arch/amiga
     .
     .
     etc.

regards,
Dave
--
Customer: "I'm running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 4."
Tech Support: "Y-e-e-e-e-s........"

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk