Subject: Re: fetchmail
To: Jochen Schmidt <crashcore@t-online.de>
From: Simon Rowe <simon@gwent.nhs.gov.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/12/1998 10:38:13
Hello Jochen,

I believe this is caused because fetchmail cannot resolve the ip address
for your host name. A quick solution to this would be to put an entry in
the '/etc/hosts' file that includes your host name and ip address.

There are some examples already in there, so you should be able to work
out the format.

Your should also edit your '/etc/resolv.conf' file, and add the line

lookup file bind

This assumes that you use DNS too (ie the bind part).

If you want more help, you could have a look at my web pages

	http://www.ewor.demon.co.uk/unix/netbsd/

where I have some notes I made from installing and setting up NetBSD
systems.

Bye

Simon.