Subject: EXT2FS and MSDOS mounting
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Horwood <rich@mondial.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/12/1998 13:56:45
At home I have finalyl got around to installing NetBSD.  I am left with
a small linux install (mainly to use LILO to mutli-boot linux/windoze/netbsd)
and 2 windoze partitions.  It occurs to me that I could conceivably mount
my linux partition and symlink the required libraries to /emul/linux rather
than copy them there to run linux emulation.

I have compiled my netbsd-1.3.2 kernel with support for linux' ext2fs
and msods support.  I presume NetBSD does not support FAT-32 filesystems
so I am not attempting to mount one of those.

I have 2 hard drives, the first /dev/wd0 contains 2 partitions, a FAT32
partition, and a FAT16 partition in the extended partition.  The second
contains 1 linux ext2fs partition, one linux swap partition and the rest
is my NetBSD partition.

I have looked over the disklabel and fdisk man pages, and I am unsure
how to go about getting these filesystems mounted.  As I am not on the
offending machine at the moment, I am unable to cut 'n paste the exact
results of everything that I have tried, however disklabel generally
fails with

/dev/<disk> no label

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated - I am still trying to
de-linuxify myself and get my head around disklabels etc.

-Richard.