Subject: pppd weird stuff..
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <033197m@acadiau.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/1998 23:21:08
I've finally got my 386 set up (1.3.2) as a gateway/router for my local
network.  I'm trying to set it up so that when my 386 dials up, it routes
internet packets to/from the appropriate system on the network.  That bit
seems to be working fine.  The only problem I have is getting the darn
thing to dial up.  I've been fiddling with pppd for quite some time now,
but whenever it dials up, it makes its squelchy connect noise, stops, and
starts to redial again.  I've tried setting the timeout values to way
higher to see if that was the problem.  It wasn't.  I'm about out of
ideas, anyone else have a clue for me?

Sean Murphy (033197m@acadiau.ca)
-----
-History is rarely made by reasonable men.