Subject: Re: realaudio FreeBSD under NetBSD
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/1998 17:39:10
   "John A. Maier - MIS dept." writes:
   > Has anyone got it to work?
   >
   > It start and seems willing to work but cannot find the sound device.
   >
   > any ideas?

   I believe you need an /emul/freebsd/dev/SOMETHING (use ktrace to find
   out the SOMETHING) symlinked to /dev/audio. I use the linux realplayer
   these days, though -- it handles real video and the freebsd one does
   not.

   Perry

/emul/freebsd/dev/dsp

symlinked to your audio device.  Same with the Linux emulation.  I'v tried
the FreeBSD static real audio player, and use the Linux Quake binary with
proper sounds.

[The Quake 2 Linux binary blows up with a mremap call which is not
supported, but it also plays its sounds correctly, for a short time]

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]