Subject: Re: Timeout on port 80
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@wavefront.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/1998 03:44:00
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00217F4B

<SMALLER><FIXED>leopard# grep -i "tcp\|udp" /etc/* |grep 80

/etc/services:www               80/tcp          http    # WorldWideWeb
HTTP

/etc/services:www               80/udp                  # HyperText
Transfer Protocol

On Mon, Aug 3, 1998 6:06 PM, </FIXED></SMALLER>
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00217F4B

bWFpbHRvOmVyaWNAZm94LnBob2VuaXguYXoudXM=
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00217F4B

<SMALLER><FIXED> wrote:

</FIXED></SMALLER><SMALLER><FIXED>>

> I'm running NetBSD 1.3.0 on a i386 intel pentium as my gate to the
internet

> for

> a three machine LAN.  This machine naturally has ipf & ipnat on it
and I've

> been successfully running Apache for a couple of months.

> The problem is that recently (since just last week), I can no longer
view web

> pages from outside my LAN via ppp0.  They're fine from inside via
ne0.

> Attempts to telnet to port 80 from the internet fail by timing out,
but work

> fine from the LAN.

> As a test I restarted apache configured for port 8888 and it worked
fine.

> Modifying ipf to pass any in and pass any out hasn't helped either.

> Port 80 appears to be the only one affected.  Here are examples of
port scans

> from the Lan:

> Scanning for all open ports on fox.phoenix.az.us using tcp protocol.

</FIXED></SMALLER><SMALLER><FIXED>> </FIXED></SMALLER><SMALLER><FIXED>V=
erbose is off, only printing accepted connections.

</FIXED></SMALLER><SMALLER><FIXED>>

This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System

</FIXED></SMALLER>
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00217F4B--