Subject: VT Kernel Compile
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <033197m@acadiau.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/1998 00:41:22
I mentioned this earlier and had gotten a few tips to try, but i still
can't see anything when I boot from the kernel I modified from GENERIC for
my system. I've changed pc0 to vt0 so i can have virtual terminals, but
when it boots up, it gets as far as loading the kernel, then the screen
goes blank.  It apparantly still loads everything because the HD reads for
quite some time after the screen goes blank.  However I can't telnet in
either.  I had said to someone who had tried to help me earlier that I
could, but alas I was mistaken.  Anyone know what to do?  Do I need to
MAKEDEV anything before booting to the new kernel?  I'm stumped.

Sean Murphy (033197m@acadiau.ca)
-----
-History is rarely made by reasonable men.