Subject: ifstatus problems...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/1998 14:50:08
All,

Has anyone had any luck with getting ifstatus 2.1 to run properly on
NetBSD 1.3.2?

Each time I try to run it I get the following:

  ./ifstatus: ioctl: SIOCGIFCONF: Device not configured.

The section of code that issues this message looks like this:

        struct ifconf ifc;
        struct ifreq ifr, *ifrp;

        if ((s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)) < 0)
                fatal("socket", NULL);

        ifc.ifc_buf = cbuf;
        ifc.ifc_len = sizeof(cbuf);

        if (ioctl(s, SIOCGIFCONF, (char *) &ifc) < 0)
                fatal("ioctl: SIOCGIFCONF", NULL);

...it looks pretty straight forward, so I am wondering what I am missing.
Even with the generic kernel I get the 'device not configured' message.
Ideas anyone? (and yes, I did set the flags in the Makefile for a BSD
based OS).

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens Power Systems Control     |                                   |
| 7225 Northland Drive              | Voice    : +1 612 536-4697        |
| Brooklyn Park, MN 55428   USA     | Fax      : +1 612 536-4919        |