Subject: Re: Timeout on port 80
To: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/1998 14:17:40
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Eric Fox wrote:
> and rebooted.  Nothing changed, port 80 was still not accessible from the
> internet (ppp0), but was fine from the lan (ne0).  I'm totally confused.

Maybe your ISP is doing something freaky with HTTP traffic, like trying
to do transparent proxying or something?

I tried connecting to fox.phoenix.az.us port 80 (it's a static address,
right?), and I got an icmp time exceeded in transit from
cacheflow.infinet.com.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++