Subject: Re: the vt driver doesn't like me.
To: Robert Alexander Baxter <alex@santa.asf.alaska.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/03/1998 12:58:29
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Robert Alexander Baxter wrote:

: I like the Belkin mice.  I have a Belkin 3-button
: bus/serial (with an adapter) mouse which is nice.

You sure it's bus/serial and not PS2/serial?  Bus mice (and, IIRC, M$ InPort
mice), while they are hard to come by, have a lot less logic and many more
wires in the cable, and are fundamentally incompatible with serial mice.
Bus mice are essentially Amiga/Atari/old-Sun/NeXT mice (no logic excepting
the optics) with a 9-pin mini-DIN.  PS/2 mice have a 4-pin mini-DIN.

: P.S.  I know USB is a bus, not just a port---does anyone
:       know if a PCI-USB bridge (like an adapter card) will
:       ever come out?

I believe such a thing actually exists, for PCI (though not for ISA). I have
seen such a card listed in wholesalers' pricelists.  Where to get it, "don't
ask me."