Subject: Re: Enlightenment X window-manager
To: John A. Maier - MIS dept. <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
From: Jeff Mitchell <skeezix@skeleton.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/27/1998 11:11:05
On Wed, 27 May 1998, John A. Maier - MIS dept. wrote:

> I have been trying to get the Enlightenment wm to work and I was
> wondering if any NetBSDers have been seccessful.
>  I can get all the required libs (the gif lib make had to be tweeked)
> and Enlightenment compiles and installs without any trouble.  However I
> get a message stating that it can't access /tmp/.../pix/bg/22.jpg and
> it's there!!!

	Enlightenment is i a permanent state of chaos; some releases will
build, others will not. I ran into the same problem you did, and had to
delve into the code to find out what it was offen the top of my head. I
ended up being too annoyed by many enlightenment bugs, to bother, and went
over to WindowMaker, m'self :P

	I know that Enlightenment is very picky about versions of the
libraries -- Xpm and his own image library there. You have to use exactly
th right version, or random things will occur.

		Jeff

--
"I'm CONSING NOW!" "Nature is for weenies." -- Hozhead