Subject: mysql DBD problems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/1998 18:52:51
Folks,
        I am trying to use the Perl DBI module to talk to a mysql
database.  I have managed to build everything ok but when I try to run
the tests or use the DBI I get this error:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_stty" in perl:/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-netbsd/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so

I _think_ that this is because the dynamic linker cannot resolve
libraries depending on other libraries.  I am wondering if anyone has
a fix for this?  I know about linking the dbd libraries into perl
itself but that will be complicated for me when I try to use
mod_perl.  Any suggestions?

  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
  - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.