Subject: Modem problem
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/1998 19:07:09
To repeat a subject header found in the current archives..

The plan is to be able to dial into a NetBSD-current/i386 and be
presented with a login prompt.

What works:

DOS/kermit connected directly via a serial cable with getty running on
tty00.

DOS/kermit connected via modems with kermit running on NetBSD
box, line=tty00. What is typed on one, appears on the other's screen.

What doesn't work:

DOS/kermit connected via modems with getty running on tty00, in fact,
the modem, a no-name "33.6 DTV", doesn't answer. What have I missed?
(At a guess stty -f /dev/tty00 settings? It didn't matter what I put
at the end of the line /etc/ttys ie., tried {,rtscts,mdmbuf...})

Cheers,

Patrick