Subject: RE: Two problems - help greatly appreciated.
To: 'Mason Loring Bliss' <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@vsys.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/15/1998 09:32:08
On Thursday, May 14, 1998 11:31 PM, Mason Loring Bliss
[SMTP:mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us] wrote:

> I picked up a sound card today... It works, sort of, but not like it should.
> If I cat a test .au file to /dev/audio, it'll play, but here's what's odd:
> It's like there's a buffer that holds maybe ten seconds or something of
> sound - maybe less - and
>
> cat food > /dev/audio
>
> won't exit until the whole mess has played four or so times. If I play
> something particularly long, and then play something short, when the short
> piece has ended, whatever is left in the buffer from the long sound will
play.

I've seen behaviour the same as this with a SBPro (Dsp v3 - IIRC)

For me it happenend because my IRQ was set incorrectly. So you should probably
take a look at that. An irq of 7 sounds suspicious anyway because often it's
where
interrupts that get removed too quickly arrive.

Let me know if this helps

A.
--
Alex Barclay                    E-mail: alex@vsys.com
Vsys                            Tel:    +1 719 635 8066 x 17