Subject: A couple minor questions (X11)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/1998 00:34:30
Hi! I've finally taken the plunge and put my NetBSD box on my desk. (Pre-
viously I had been telnetting in from my Mac.) I'm using X fulltime, and
I've come across two things which baffle and annoy me. Both involve XTerm.

First, I can't figure out how to get a blinking cursor. This obviously
isn't a live or die problem, but it would be nice to have control over
my cursor.

Second, while I can use my backspace key at my shell prompt and within
vi, when I use it, for instance, inside of less to back up if I've mis-
typed something in a search string, or, for instance, if I use it while
catting directly to a file, or during a huge number of other tasks, I
get ^H. The delete key erases this, but I'm more comfortable using the
backspace. (I have no such difficulties when telnetted in from the Mac.)

Thanks in advance for the help! Mucking about with TERM doesn't seem to
do anything for me that I can see, and I didn't see anything apropriate
in the XTerm man page.

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments