Subject: amd problems
To: None <NetBSD-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/06/1998 13:54:47
How do I configure amd to automount a directory /Pub without having to
create a map that holds all the files and subdirectories that are
stored in /Pub on the remote machine.

What I want is amd to automount /amd/esme/p1.esme and create a
symlink for /Pub to /amd/esme/p1.esme/Pub

I tried :

	. type:=nfs;rhost:=esme;rfs:=/p1.esme;sublink:=Pub

and then

	/Pub type:=nfs;rhost:=esme;rfs:=/p1.esme;sublink:=Pub

at a guess but had no luck.

All amd has to do is mainatin a symlink for /Pub such that when /Pub
is eximained /amd/esme/p1.esme is mounted and the symlink points to
/amd/esme/p1.esme/Pub.

Any ideas ?  I'd also like all my map entries to be visible even if
the symlinks point to amd until accessed and the destination is
mounted.

Thus a directory /people that holds many map links to mounted
directories from three different machines would list all the
map entries even when the directoreies are not mounted.

I ask both as I susspect that a solution for one may aid solving the
other.

--Sean