Subject: Re: Scanner software?
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/06/1998 12:03:33
Your message dated: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:28:31 +0200
>Your message dated: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 14:42:47 MST
>>	SANE certainly looks to be the way to go. Might it be possible to
>>	produce a NetBSD package for SANE to make it easier for anyone
>>	to install?
>>
>>	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/Packages.txt
>
>I don't mind doing that, but probably won't have time for it the next two
>weeks. if somebody can do it faster, please do... BTW, do you send-pr a
>package to add one or...

I tried the FreeBSD package of SANE, and it basically compiles out of the box.
I found only one little problem, and it didn't seem NetBSD-specific to me. As
I do not have a scanner that is supported by SANE at the moment, I cannot test
it very well. I suggest that somebody with a supported scanner grabs the
FreeBSD package, compiles and tests it a bit (and copies it into the NetBSD
pkgsrc tree). I'll be busy trying to include support for my scanner (a Ricoh
scanner) into SANE (and NetBSD/PINT)...

Feico Dillema.