Subject: NetBSD problems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: B. Bogart <bbogart@iname.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/26/1998 20:55:57
Hello,
I am having troubles installing Netbsd 1.21 on my A3000. On my first attempt i
installed netbsd on a zip drive on my 3000 and the following happend when i
attenmpt to boot into the miniroot for the first time:

> loadbsd -b netbsd
ask boot ...
Fast mem ... chip mem ...

Then the system freezes.

As a test i then moved the zip drive, kernel, ixemul lib and loadbsd onto the
A2000 and did the same things and it does boot, no freezing..

So as near as i can guess there is something in my 3000 that the generic
kernel does not like thats not in the 2000.

Stats on the machines.

A3000
GVP EGS Specturm video card
8meg expansion board
Fast 12 Chip 2

everything else is stock to my knowledge.

A2000
68030 accelerator
2meg expansion board
Fast 8 Chip 1

Any help would be greatly appriciated, i am very much looking forward to
running netbsd on my A3000.

Ben Bogart