Subject: Re: NetBooting
To: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/1998 10:55:03
On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Michael C. Richardson wrote:

>     Chris> What file do I link the machine's IP address in HEX to on my TFTP server?  If I use the NETBOOT, I get into the install part of NetBSD.  Is there not a file that will actually boot a kernel?
>
>   You have the Netbsd-rd kernel in your root rather than the netbsd-generic
> kernel.

Actually, the kernel boots, but when it tries to mount the nfs
filesystems, I get a "cannot mount root, error = 79", and if I type the
options manually (root device=ie0, dump=none, filesystem type=nfs), then I
get a "cannont mount root, error = 65"

I made the /etc/fstab on the root mount and added the appropriate mounts
for root and swap.  Where can I get errorcode meanings?

Chris