Subject: access to the net
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Claude Foley <Cfoley01@cns.eds.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/19/1998 17:10:00
Hi all,

I have a Sun 3/60 with a black and white screen but I will have one with a
color screen soon.

I have a very basic knowledge of Unix and I want to learn more.

I don't know how to configure ppp to access the internet, if somebody could
give me examples of the config files I need to make it working it will help
me to make the setup.

Do I need an IP address or the service provider will give one to me on every
login.

What is the fastest speed between a Sun 3/60 rs232 port and the modem, what
kind of modem
should I buy.

Anything that cross you mind that you think could be usefull to me regarding
internet access.

I think it will be something good for everybody, because after I will have
access to the net I will look for the faq before asking stupid questions
about NetBSD and the Sun 3/60.

I hope that some day I will become a usefull user of NetBSD but I know that
for now I have a lot to learn.

For now the only thing I could help with is Tandem computer( GUARDIAN
operating system ).

P.S. I'm not a complete idiot!   Some part are missing.

Claude Foley.