Subject: Re: Re: NetBooting
To: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/19/1998 08:25:22
It depends on what version of NetBSD you are NetBooting. It sounds
like you are NetBooting the MiniRoot. The MiniRoot has very limited
functionality to make it small. If you do a complete NetBSD installation
into the exported direcory on the LINUX box then you will NetBoot the
full version of NetBSD.

I have my 3/470 set up to NetBoot both the MiniRoot and the full
version of NetBSD.

At 04:05 PM 3/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>David Brownlee:
>>	You should just be able to extract the NetBSD/sun3 distribution
>>	onto the linux box and export it to the sun.
>>
>>	Brian Chase has a NetBSD/vax netboot howto - booting a sun should
>>	be the same once the first stage boot program has loaded...
>>
>>	http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen/VAX-netboot-HOWTO.html
>
>I don't understand how I can use the netboot file to boot the Sun and then
to continue to boot from the network...the netboot program only allows me
to do the install stuff like edlabel and the like...  Is anyone doing this
on a Sun???

>Sincerely,
>
>Chris Conn

Michael Thompson