Subject: cdrecord problem solved - thanks!
To: None <hubert.feyrer@guarneri.dfi.tfic.bc.ca>
From: Tom Rushworth <tbr@guarneri.dfi.tfic.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/18/1998 14:42:00
Hubert Feyrer said:
>Maybe you need to make the following symlink:
>lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  9 Nov 12 22:31 /dev/scgx -> /dev/cd4d
and that solved the problem.  Thanks very much!

To recap, in case others run into the same problem, the makefile from
the port of cdrecord-1.5 makes a symbolic link:
   @cd /dev && ${LN} -sf /dev/rworm0.ctl sgx
and there is no rworm0.ctl (and cdrecord wants scgx, not sgx).  Reading
the cdrecord docs caused me to guess at the following link (for my system,
with the recorder at cd4):
   @cd /dev && ${LN} -sf /dev/cd4a scgx
That didn't work, but Hubert's suggestion (cd4d) did.  I also have to
eject the disks between a dummy mode and real mode burn, but the cdrecord
docs mention this is needed for some drives.  I guess my Yamaha CDR400tx is
one of them.

Thanks again!

Tom Rushworth < tbr <at> acm.org >