Subject: NetBooting
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/18/1998 13:20:18
Hello there.

I have a Sun3/260 and I want to use NetBSD.  However, at this time I have no SCSI controller for this machine, therefore I would like to try it out first using a diskless method.  I have read many references to this however I fail to find what is required to do so.  I have access on my LAN to a Linux box with RARP as well as an export directory for the RARP address I have supplied to the Sun.  I have managed to use the netboot and gotten RARP to work between the Linux and the Sun I want to use NetBSD on, therefore that has been covered.  However, how do I (or where do I) get the binaries installed on the Linux so I can boot the Sun diskless?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Chris Conn