Subject: Re: internal modem bug
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Don Ray <dray@servecom.picker.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/18/1998 08:35:51
Hi Jukka,

>On Tue, Mar 17, 1998 at 06:21:25PM -0500, Don Ray wrote:
>> Are ISA modem cards supported in 1.2 and 1.2.1? If upgrading to
>>1.3 is not an option for me, what kernel code would I need to hack to
>>correct this?
>
>Well, like I said before, we have two ISA modem cards on one
>NetBSD 1.2 system (it's a 486, though) and we've never seen any
>problems like this.
>(Uptime is 288 days, btw.. :-)
>
>There must be something different in your configuration..

I must admit I doubted whether anyone used the "same" configuration. As I
found, my external modem doesn't exhibit the problem even with result codes
enabled ( I rationalized that everyone must be using external modems).

Thanks!
Don Ray - Service Technologies
Picker International
email: dray@servecom.picker.com