Subject: Re: /usr/X11R5/lib/X11/X0screens
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ulf Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/13/1998 22:44:25
Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU> writes:

> On 13-Mar-98 Ulf Fredriksson wrote:
> >
> > Could anyone please send me there X0screens file,
> > I'm having problem to get it to work...
>
> It should just hold an entry that points to your framebuffer
> (ie)
>
> /dev/grf0

I'd tried, but it still didn't work, so I thought I was missing
out on some configuration in the file...

If I have that line in the file, I get this message:

----- s n i p p -----
Fatal server error:
Couldn't find a key device - X server terminating!

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
----- s n i p p -----

What is the key device called under NetBSD? (I'm used to Linux/HPUX,
but not *BSD...)

 Turbo  ___________     Debian GNU/Linux   Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^  ___  /___(_)__________  _____  __  selective about who its friends are
  _ /// _  /___  / _  / / / /_/ /__>  <   Turbo Fredriksson Tel: +46-704-697645
  \\\/  /_____/_/  /_/ /_/\__,_/ /_/|_|   S-415 10 Göteborg    turbo@tripnet.se
                  PGP#788CD1A9            SWEDEN         www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
----------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B ------------
--
BATF PLO Ortega South Africa munitions Nazi Rule Psix Uzi Noriega SEAL
Team 6 Kennedy Ft. Meade cracking Delta Force NORAD