Subject: RE: Printers with network cards ...
To: , <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Randy Decker <rdecker@kingdominc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/10/1998 15:56:53
On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 5:13 PM, Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>  wrote:

> Has anyone any experience with the Lexmark printers in particular
> the Lexmark Optra S2450N. I'm looking at it as an alternative to a
> HP LaserJet 5Si/MX (With 100baseT cards).
>

> Its to be shared on a hetrogenious network (OS/2, Windows,
> NeXT/OpenStep/Rhapsody,  as well as NetBSD)
>
> All opinions welcome about these printers or similar printers when
> used to server a collecion of different machine directly.
>
> --Sean
>

>  << File: RFC822.TXT >>

We are using 3 Oprta S1650's and 4 Optra R's on our Novell/NT mixed network. Two
are connected to Castell Lan presses the rest are directly attached to the
network. Also three of these machines service a Novell print queue and an NT
TCP/IP print queue We have had few if any problems with these printers and have
been using them for a couple of years now.

Randy