Subject: nisswitch.conf?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Benner <benwah@rupert.oscs.montana.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/1998 15:31:52
Hey,

What method does the yp implementation in NetBSD-1.3 (i386) give for
controlling the order of resolution?  In this specific case we have found
that chpass/chsh/chfn are all looking at the yp password file before the
local file breaking them when you try to do operations on root which is
(of course) not in the yp password file.

What we get is:

# chsh
chsh: unknown user: uid 0

Under solaris there is an /etc/nisswitch.conf that allows you to force
resolution to files and then to yp, but I didn't see reference to any such
thing under NetBSD.

------------------Sensitive Pony Tail Man (dum da dummmmmm!)------------------
Her figure described a set of parabolas that could cause cardiac arrest
in a yak.					--Woody Allen
----benwah@rupert.oscs.montana.edu--http://honors.oscs.montana.edu/~benwah----