Subject: inetd services looping?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/1998 00:03:09
Friends,
        I am attemping to boot my Sparc ELC from my NetBSD i386 box.
Several odd things have happened so far.

        1) the sparc will only pickup arp/rarp requests when the rarpd server
on the i386 box had just been started. If its running the in the background
(ie rarp -d de0), it wont see a thing. But, if its freshly started, all works
fine.

        2) For the longest time, I was getting these errors in /var/log/messages
from tftp: Feb 23 23:40:45 3jane inetd[219]: tftp/udp server failing (looping),
service terminated
I wasnt even able to tftp from any box. Now it works for some unknown reason.

        3) /mnt/ashpool/root is exported to ashpool (the sparc). If I
'showmount -e 3jane' (3jane being the i386 box), about 20 mountd processes
start, each with a syslogged message of 'Feb 23 23:57:03 3jane mountd[1238]:
Can't register mount

        Suddenly, the sparc actually booted the 2ndary loader, then stopped
complaining about an unknown error code 60. This is probably a NFS ports
problem, but whats with the first 3?

        Nate