Subject: Re: cannot get sound to work on any machine
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/19/1998 18:04:03
On 19-Feb-98 Lennart Augustsson spoke unto us all:
# > I have a sparc 1 and a i386 w/ Sound Blaster 16 (dsp 3.0something) and I
# cannot
# > get sound to work on either of them..

# This sounds like you don't have the card at the right interrupt.
# Are you sure it is at IRQ 7?  The sound card probe doesn't verify
# that what the config file says is correct, it just blindly trusts it.
#

That makes sense except for the fact that it exhibits the same behavior on both
of my sparcs.  I can understand getting the IRQ wrong on the i386.. but the
sparcs are what mystifies me about this problem.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html