Subject: Re: Booting miniroot
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/1998 07:05:04
I was building the boot tape on the Sun 3/80 untill it took a flying leap
off the deep end!  I have been told that I can boot directly from a miniroot
so I wrote it to tape.  The boot command makes the tape roll (b st(0,20,0)
-s) but nothing happens. I used a block size of 8K and was wondering if this
is the proper size to use with a Sun Sparc 330?  So I started to write the
next tape and the 3/80 died.  Luckly, I have two 3/80's so last night I
loaded up the second one and will give it another shot today.  Also, someone
said that I could not use the MAKEBOOTTAPE from Sun3 but I have not tried
yet.  BTW I think I am going to just reload that other Sun 3/80.

Rick Copeland