Subject: Re: Teles ISDN support voor NetBSD 1.3 i386
To: Jan H. van Gils <janvg@knoware.nl>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/1998 05:56:27
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "ISDN support," but depending on your iSDN
terminal adapter, ISDN should just work on NetBSD.  I am using an external
ISDN terminal adapter and IPNAT on my NetBSD box.  To NetBSD, the terminal
adapter is just a fast modem.

If you have an internal terminal adapter board, that wll be more
difficult. You will probably need to write a driver for it (or get someone
else to do it). Many internal board vendors have drivers for Linux which
could serve as a start. I cannot help much with specifics since ISDN
"standards" differ between areas (and I live in Japan).

Mark

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Jan H. van Gils wrote:

> Thanks for reading, can somebody help with the question if
> there is ISDN support for NetBSD.
>
> I would like to use my NetBSD box with IPNAT and ISDN to my ISP.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/