Subject: Re: Booting miniroot
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/1998 22:12:30
On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Rick Copeland wrote:

> From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
>
> If I write a miniroot to a tape (cartridge type used on a Sparc 330) can I
> boot the mini root directly from the tape?  If so what commands are required

	Providing you write it in the correct format with a boot block it
	should work... You should be able to adapt
	 /usr/src/distrib/sun3/MakeBootTape

> to instruct the Sparc to boot from the tape (the machine is bare and
> currently has no operating system on the hard drive)?

	I would expect 'b st()' to work.

	On what machine are you building the boot tape?

		David/absolute

Definition of the day:
'A moot point': Something open to debate... _not_ an irrelevant point.
(It would be preferable if more of the world could grasp the above)