Subject: Re: Compile warning under NetBSD-1.3 for fetchmail-4.3.6 (fwd)
To: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim) <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/08/1998 15:25:40
	Could you check if fetchmail.h directly includes
	/usr/include/machine/param.h, if not can you determine what header
	it includes that in turn includes param.h?

	As far as I know, if fetchmail is defining _POSIX_SOURCE and
	including a header file defined by posix then NetBSD is in
	error. If fetchmail is not defining _POSIX_SOURCE then it is
	not asking for a posix environment, so it should not expect
	one. Similarly if it is including a header file not specific by
	posix then it is 'breaking the rules'.

	I'm sure someone can correct me if I've missed anything :)

		David/absolute

	   Raise your standards and lower your expectations...
	            and we'll get along just fine.