Subject: Re: 2nd Sparc internal disk
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/07/1998 22:16:16
On 7 Feb 1998, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

: Contrary to what Sun claims, heat generation is not rated in
: gigabytes.  It's still rated in watts. ;-)

Oh?  I thought it was measured in MHz.  Or at least that's what Intel told
me.  <g>

: The biggest challenge is your'll need to find a drive with the funny
: all-in-one connector.

Not a problem:  The 80 pin connector drives can most often be found as
"RAID component" drives.  (Most RAID arrays use the same connector.)
If worst comes to worst, look for drives rated as "SCSI-2 WIDE" or "SCSI-3"
and ask the distributor whether it is a 68 or 80 pin drive bus connector
(here, you want 80).

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Bus. todd_vierling@xn.xerox.com)
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price