Subject: Re: Imake configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/30/1998 12:56:57
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com> wrote:
> This _sortof_ works.. The problem is that the pkg system calls the Imakefile
> generated install, which happily puts it's files in /usr/X11R6..  I'm trying to
> make my own packages, and all the ones on netbsd.org seem to do this.. So I
> assume I need to fiddle with the imake templates themselves.  DESTDIR just
> prepends the install /usr/pkg/usr/X11R6 (ugh) and ProjectRoot makes the
> compiler unable to find any of the REAL X11 includes and whatnot..

Heh, the clean way to do this is to re-build X with ProjectRoot set to
${LOCALBASE}. Anyone who wants to make a package? ;-)

If that's too much fuzz, here's a list of variables that need to be set
to convince X programs (well, probably 99% of them, I didn't have problems
with it so far) to install into LOCALBASE:

BINDIR=$LOCALBASE/bin
LIBDIR=$LOCALBASE/lib
USRLIBDIR=$LOCALBASE/lib
SHLIBDIR=$LOCALBASE/lib
MANPATH=$LOCALBASE/man
XAPPLOADDIR=$LOCALBASE/lib
INCROOT=$LOCALBASE/include

When I find a few days of time, I want to try this on our bsd.port.mk.
This really starts to annoy me...

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>