Subject: Re: Imake configuration
To: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/30/1998 05:15:42
On 30-Jan-98 Alistair Crooks spoke unto us all:
# > I want to set up imake so pkg's and things built with Imake end up in
# /usr/pkg
# > and not /usr/X11R6.. how do you go about achieving that?
#
# Speaking for the package system:
#
# There are two variables that are used within the package system to
# govern the destination directory for installing - these are LOCALBASE,
# and X11BASE. If PREFIX isn't already set, then it will be set to one of
# these, depending on whether USE_X11 is defined. (With me, so far? :-))
#
# So you could just:
# 1. set PREFIX in either /etc/mk.conf or your environment to /usr/pkg, or
# 2. set X11BASE in either /etc/mk.conf or environment to /usr/pkg

This _sortof_ works.. The problem is that the pkg system calls the Imakefile
generated install, which happily puts it's files in /usr/X11R6..  I'm trying to
make my own packages, and all the ones on netbsd.org seem to do this.. So I
assume I need to fiddle with the imake templates themselves.  DESTDIR just
prepends the install /usr/pkg/usr/X11R6 (ugh) and ProjectRoot makes the
compiler unable to find any of the REAL X11 includes and whatnot..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html