Subject: Re: Imake configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/30/1998 12:13:43
Alistair Crooks wrote:
> However, I can think of a good reason why you might not want
> to do this.  The X11 app defaults files get installed into
> ${X11BASE}/lib/X11/app-defaults.  You could conceivably override this
> with an XAPPLRESDIR setting in your environment whenever you run an
> X client, but until everyone has a stable union FS in their kernels,
> or the X consortium make XAPPLRESDIR into an XAPPLRESPATH, then we're
> really stuck with it.

Or, you could make each X program run through a script :

 ---8<---------------------------- Cut here ---------------------------->8---
#!/bin/sh

LOCAL=/usr/pkg/X11-local
APP=`expr //$0 : '.*/\(.*\)'`

if [ ! -x $LOCAL/$APP ]
then
	echo "$0 not found"
	exit 1
fi

XFILESEARCHPATH=/usr/pkg/lib/X11/app-defaults/%N:$FILESEARCHPATH PATH=$LOCAL:$PATH exec $LOCAL/$APP "$@"

echo "$0 not executable."
exit 1

Move each program from /usr/pkg/bin to /usr/pkg/X11-local and link
/usr/pkg/bin/<pkg_binary> to /usr/bin/<script>

PS.  Works fine for me.  YMMV!

--
    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.