Subject: Re: 1.3 installation: next problem
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/29/1998 11:21:09
Bruce Walker wrote:
|This all boils down to RTFM and mea culpa!  I'm sorry to have wasted
|more list bandwidth.  I can only say in my defense that I was *sure*

But then -- I did my last full install at 0.9 times and a upgrade at
1.0 and 1.1 and I did not run into this problems. And beleive me - I am
not at all experienced with PS hardware.
So either there did something change inbetween (to the bad) or I just
had luck. But for people looking the first time at NetBSD, this will be
an experience which will lead people to install Linux or FreeBSD or
whatever.

If there is a chance to determine the different settings by an algorithm,
then this should be implemented in a tool which makes installing easier.

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
>From a brochure of a car rental firm in Tokyo:  When passenger of foot
heave in sight, tootle the horn.  Trumpet him melodiously at first, but
if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.