Subject: Re: w95CD-rom w/ long filenames
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, ws@tools.de>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/1998 15:31:40
In article <199801281601.RAA20129@kurt.tools.de> you write:
> > I just got a cdrom with w95 long filenames (Created with something
> > called Juliet style file names). When I mount it with netbsd all I
>
> Sorry, there is currently no support for juliet in NetBSD.  I know more or

[That's *Joliet* (as in "... State Prison"), not Juliet (as in "Romeo
and ..."). If you commit a felony in Chicago, you probably would end up
in Joliet.  I don't know what that's supposed to say by analogy about
the Microsoft products involved, but it sure doesn't sound good :->]

> less what it is like, but currently cannot implement it due to lack of time.
> (Plus I'm not sure whether I really want to implement it, since it does
> violate quite a few points in the ISO 9660 spec).

Last time this came up, I got mail saying OpenBSD already supports it. I
think it'd be a good idea to support it... right or wrong, there are
probably more Joliet CDs now than Rock Ridge.