Subject: Linux-like -DREALLY_RAW, and raw filename w/ ls?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@douglas.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/1998 12:38:23
Hello! This is going to sound terrible, but really I'm a great guy who
does no harm to anyone/thing..  With that out of the way,

I am trying to compile a program which changes the source address of an IP
packet for my own local network so I can test out some new source patches
for netbsd's tcp--a sort of armor plating since I am attacked long and
hard by cable modem users who have nothing better to do than pick on
someone who kicks their asses in quake regularly. Damn that "status"
console command!

Anyway! I would like to design some software to simulate the attacks, and
have a sort of internal network between my 3000 and my 500 (amigas both).
I want to alter the source address of the outgoing packets in my netbsd
box, but with ipmon -x (lovely util BTW--thanks for ipfilter!) it keeps
showing me that the outgoing packets are mucked about in by the kernel and
it keeps changing it to my local address. This is terrible!

Is there some way I can ensure that outgoing packets remain untouched?

Also, there wasa cute trick, using special characters for filenames that I
encountered a while back where the name was a vt100 escape sequence that
would erase the line (or the above two lines, or whatever) to hide a
specific directory. However, for some reason my ls shows "?" instead of
the escape special character so I get garbled filenames!

Any help would be greatly appreciated..  honestly, I'm just trying to
protect myself, however I can see easily how this can be taken the wrong
way. Suffice to say that without this I will continue to be crashed by
strange packets and messed up by ankle-biter jerks who are just poor
losers. (They play via linux, and always boast about how high their fps
is, then when i trounce them with my shitty win95 box they get a little..
well you can guess.)

Thanks again,

Marc Tooley