Subject: Re: 1.3 installation: next problem
To: Bruce Walker <bmw@visgen.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/1998 17:06:05
On Tue, Jan 27, 1998 at 07:51:37AM -0500, Bruce Walker wrote:

> I tried both, but the results you see below are from a default
> install.  This is after I tried reinstalling DOS, then doing the
> default NetBSD install over that.

Judging from what other people are seeing, it's a geometry problem.
The output that you show confirms this. What you need to do is
find out what geometry your controller's BIOS really uses. You
might be able to do that in the BIOS's setup, or you might
need to boot a DOS floppy and run a utility like 'pfdisk'
that will print the geometry for you.

Remember this geometry. Then, do a re-install. At the point where
it asks if the detected geometry is OK (the first time it talks
about geometry), choose 'no', and specify the geometry that you
remembered. Things should work then.

- Frank