Subject: Re: 1.3 installation: next problem
To: Anders Eriksson <aer@cdt.luth.se>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/1998 10:02:18
On Tue, Jan 27, 1998 at 09:52:13AM +0100, Anders Eriksson wrote:

> Yes, I had similar problems with my adaptec. Booting with grub did the trick
> though. So I guess if grub manages to find the kernel on the root fs the bios
> calls to the disk is usable. My guess is a bad boot block install in netbsd...

I've done installations (using the whole disk, that's what you did too,
right?) on several systems with IDE disk without problems. So I'm
still wondering what's going on here.. Could you perhaps check what
geometries are reported by the BIOS and NetBSD's fdisk as well?
This is an annoying problem, so I'd like to see it fixed.

- Frank