Subject: RE: browsers for NetBSD (netscape?)
To: None <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/1998 17:17:54
On Jan 26, 10:08am, Nathan Gelbard wrote:
>I ~think~ Netscape 5.0 will be totally Java, and the src will
>be free, so you can expect a NetBSD native browser in the
>near future.

According to Jamie Zawinski and other Netscape dudes, 5.0 is written in
C and C++.  There is a full Java version in the works, but it is nowhere
near complete.

Also, there's going to be chunks missing, like the db machine used for
mail, crypto, and whatever else is not licensed for redistribution.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Absent, adj.:
	Exposed to the attacks of friends and acquaintances; defamed;
slandered.