Subject: Re: 1.3 installation
To: None <Koestlers@plcman.siemens.co.uk>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/22/1998 01:22:22
>From: "Koestler, Sonja (IT Man.)" <Koestlers@plcman.siemens.co.uk>
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:08:52 -0000

>once again I'm in the mood installing Net-BSD. Today i gave it a try for
>1.3.
>I would like to get the distribution via FTp, but it says "ftp detected
>an error".
>
>host:		ftp.netbsd.org
>directory:	/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3/i386/binary/sets
>user:		ftp
>password:	my email address

This is possibly a silly question, but did you remember to set binary
mode?

If you still have problems use script(1) to get a log of your (failed)
FTP session and post it here; without more information no one here can
really help you.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel