Subject: SB16 and Panasonic CR-563b cdrom
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Keith <dkeith@devo.sfasu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/1998 22:15:14
In NetBSD 1.3-i386 is there a way to configure in the panasonic cdrom off
of the sb16 controller.  The cdrom isn't atapi (in my opinion) because I
cannot just hang it off of an IDE controller and it will work.  In all my
experiences it must hang off the sb16.  Nonetheless I want to see if I can
add the device into the kernel.  It didn't seem to be found with the
GENERIC configuration under /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf.  Is there an
undocumented device or someway to configure cd0 or the mitsumi cdrom to
detect mine?  The sb16 is not a PnP card, but rather the older one that
must be set with jumpers.  The base io of the card is 0x220,
irq5,ldma=1,hdma=5.  (If that helps anyone.)  Any thoughts?

Btw, I gave up for the moment about the mounting of the fat32 partitions
problem.  Until I can get a backup of the win95 side I don't want to mess
with the disklabel of the drive.

David Keith