Subject: Re: One more time... ATAPI cd and music, internal modems, 3DFx
To: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@ait.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/14/1998 18:55:11
On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Brad Colbert wrote:
>    Just to let everyone know, I was successful in getting xmcd to run, thanks
>    for everyones help!
>
>    On the down side, the compile using pkgsrc was not trivial.  I am not
>    sure if it was a pkgsrc problem or a problem in the original Imakefiles
>    that came with xmcd.  Anyways, if anyone else has had difficulties
>    using pkgsrc to build xmcd, maybe we could put our heads together to
>    make it easier in the future.

I tried to make xmcd from the package system, but I ran into the fact
that, while the package system is convienient, it's not too flexible. I
could not for the life of my figure out how to get it too look for my
lesstif stuff in /usr/local, which, if you ask me, is where it should be.
I've also given up on compiling any cd players since my Apple CD300(i?)
doesn't seem to work with the ioctl's for playing. The following turns up
when I try to run a simple program which reads the toc and does a msf
play. The program itself doesn't complain since the ioctl's appear to work
(they don't return -1).
cd0(esp0:3:0): esp0: timed out [ecb 0x5240d0 (flags 0x3, dleft 42, stat
0)], <state 4, nexus 0x5240d0, phase(c 3, p 3), resid 16, msg(q 0,o 0) >
cd0(esp0:3:0): esp0: timed out [ecb 0x5240d0 (flags 0x43, dleft 42, stat
0)], <state 4, nexus 0x5240d0, phase(c 3, p 3), resid 16, msg(q 20,o 0) >
AGAIN
esp0: SCSI bus reset
cd0(esp0:3:0): unit attention, data = 00 00 00 00 29 00 00 00 00 00

-Xiamin