Subject: Re: One more time... ATAPI cd and music, internal modems, 3DFx
To: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@ait.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/13/1998 09:35:44
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:44:57 -0500
 "Brad Colbert" <bcolbert@ait.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

 >    Compilation went very well.  I modified the Imakefile in accordance with
 >    the README's.  I think xmcd may have been a version of NetBSD behind, since
 >    there did not appear to be a configuration for NetBSD and ATAPI.  I tried
 >    to force it to use the FreeBSD options but Im not sure it worked.
 >
 >    Anyways, it compiled but reported errors on trying to access the cdrom. Im
 >    sorry but Im not at my machine at this moment so I can't quote the error
 >    messages.

I am using the "xmcd" om the packages system... go to /usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmcd,
and "make HAVE_MOTIF=1" in that directory.  Works like a champ on my NEC
VERSA laptop w/ ATAPI CD-ROM.

BTW, you can get "pkgsrc.tar.gz" from:

	ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/pkgsrc.tar.gz

(I'm assuming you're running 1.3 :-)

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935