Subject: Re: doom
To: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@law.roc.servtech.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/1998 01:21:15
Harald Barth wrote:

> > but I still get:
> >
> > law:Doom {137} sunosxdoom &
> > [1] 19263
> > law:Doom {138} ld.so: libX11.so.4: not found
>
> I think everything has to be under /emul/sunos/something,
> not /usr/emul/sunos/something
>
> > Do I have to put all the emulated libs in the /etc/ld.so.conf?
> > I wouldn't think so, since Netscape for one runs fine with the following
> > law:etc {142} more ld.so.conf
> > /usr/X11R6/lib
> > /usr/pkg/lib
>
> No, the /emul/sunos prefix is added automatically.
>
> I wonder i you can use ktrace/kdump to see where
> doom is searching for libs.
>
> > Sorry to be so clueless, but this isn't obvious to me.
>
> End of clues for me now, too.
>
> Harald.

Thanks, that did it. All I had to do was put libX11.so.4.10 in
/emul/sunos/usr/libwhich wasn't my first guess, but that did it.

Now there is a Doom problem.

law:Doom {249} sunosxdoom &
[2] 20191
law:Doom {250} Game mode indeterminate.
                     Public DOOM - v1.10
V_Init: allocate screens.
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
Error: W_InitFiles: no files found

[2]    Exit -1                       sunosxdoom
law:Doom {250}

Anyone who has it working tell me what I need to do?

Thanks Harald

Brad