Subject: Re: Once again about atapi cdrom mounting
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/08/1998 09:15:03
On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	I'm sorry - you do not indicate what the result was when you tried
> 	the CDROM on wdc0 under NetBSD, or normal IDE drives on wdc2... :)

***

Sorry...I spent a lot of time to construct last message because english is
not my mother tongue and ...eh ;) very sorry again

BTW, under NetBSD my CDROM is successfully found on wdc0 and wdc1, but
only if position is _master_. After CDROM is found at boot it works great
on wdc0 and wdc1.  My CDROM is found at boot under wdc2 if position is
_master_. But mounting CDROM gives an error. Hard disk under wdc2 is also
found at boot, irrespective which is position (master or slave), but my
machine won't boot, because resetting the hard disk on wdc2 at the last
stage of boot fails (loops forever with error message, something like
can't reset ..  trying...). I can check the error message which I get, but
later. At my time zone is morning and I have hard work waiting half a hour
now ;-)

Sincerely

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee